Shared Services & Outsourcing Exchange 1-Day Event - Monday, June 24th
7:15 am - 7:45 am Registration
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Remarks
8:05 am - 8:50 am Transforming the Finance Function to Deliver Business ResultsChris Davis - VP, Shared Business Services, Sysco
This session will present a dramatic journey of Finance transformation driven by Shared Services to deliver standard processes, lower costs, improve business support and enhance customer/supplier experience. After a stalled ERP implementation, Sysco Business Services deployed point solutions, centralized by lifting and shifting work and redeveloped legacy technology with only modest results. To achieve real Finance transformation, Sysco launched a multi-year project that includes a new core financial platform and an automation & engagement layer on top of legacy operations systems. Sysco used a BPO partner to transition and transform the processes and technologies. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Align finance transformation with the company’s mission, goals and operating model
- Ensure executive sponsorship, engage key stakeholders and develop an actionable roadmap of milestones
- Use newer technology to bridge the gap between legacy operating systems and the digital experience
Chris DavisVP, Shared Business Services
8:50 am - 9:25 am Keynote: The Relaunch of Mars Global Services
Mars Global Services (MGS) is the Mars definitive solution to managing shared services at scale, specifically in the areas of IT, Finance, Procurement, Marketing and Human Resources. Mars Global Services has become a key enabler for the digitalization of Mars. This is the story of how MGS is helping the Mars businesses further capture market opportunities.
MasterClass9:30 am - 10:15 am Reporting Beyond the Numbers - A Better Approach to Producing Narrative Performance Reports
As the finance leader of your organization, you are tasked with telling the company story on a periodic basis through various report outputs. The focus of the reporting discussion is typically on external reporting, yet the internal reports are arguably more crucial to driving strategic decision making – and the process is infinitely more painful, disparate, and recurring.
In this Masterclass, you will hear survey data around the impact of this inefficiency on an organization, as well as in-practice examples of how global finance teams have reduced risk and improved controls with a more comprehensive approach.
BrainWeave®9:30 am - 10:15 am AI vs. RPA: Cutting Through the Smoke & Mirrors
In this session, cut through the smoke and mirrors of Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence - what they mean, how they could help your business, why they are essential to implement today, and what happens if you don’t.
· Review the digital tool kit of the future CFO looks
· Comparing RPA vs. AI – how they differ and complement one another
· Take home with a cheat-sheet of the top 5 questions every shared services leader should ask their AI or RPA vendor or technology consultant
10:15 am - 10:30 am Networking Break
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting
11:00 am - 11:30 am Business Meeting
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Business Meeting
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Continuous Improvement In an Age of Disruption: How & Where It Fits in a Successful Automation ProgramJeff Morris - Senior Director, Business Process, McKesson
As shared services continues down the path of hyper-transformation, traditional CI programs may no longer suffice. It’s time to reassess your current programs, metrics, strategies and methodologies. The idea of CI in the digital age does not mean that the core goal is different. Rather, the path we take to get there must match up to a new strategy and set of goals.
· Identify processes for automation and their problem statement and risks
· Showcase the value of your automation program through a well-defined roadmap and business case
· Move beyond the typical improvement benefits that automation can provide
Jeff MorrisSenior Director, Business Process
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Global Business Services as a Driver of ValueAnita Bhat-Zutshi - VP, Global Business & Finance Services, Unilever
Shared Services continues to drive improved productivity across the enterprise, today increasingly powered by automation software and more proactive use of data analytics. However, the extent to which emerging opportunities are integrated into an enterprise, and their effects felt, depends to a large extent on how "globalized" the underlying Shared Services model. As organizational operating models continue to evolve, now is the time to refocus on the understanding of what GBS is, the value it provides and the unique opportunity for talent advancement. During this session, attendees
· Roadmap a successful move from shared services to GBS
· Hear how digital technology is becoming increasingly integrated in the GBS model, reaching across functions, processes and businesses
· Highlight talent and capability in global business services
Anita Bhat-ZutshiVP, Global Business & Finance Services
MasterClass2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Workflow Automation and Its Applications
Workflow automation is one of the most integral areas in which companies can now create strides within their business. Using automation software, companies can begin to: reduce errors, improve communication, reduce costs and have access to real-time reports.
All of these resources allow a business to then focus their energy on more productive tasks as some repetitive actions are automated. This helps free up human capital as well as reduce the errors associated with workers.
BrainWeave®2:00 pm - 2:45 pm Building Shared Services of the Future
Every organization is looking to transform their operating model using disruptive technologies, but many companies are not able to scale beyond disjointed proof of concept efforts.
Regardless of where you are in your journey, the ability to understand and actively manage the disruptive change will be crucial for organizations to succeed in their transformation journey.
During this interactive session, attendees will:
· Discuss the common challenges faced by shared service leaders to keep pace with the rapid technology led disruption to organizational operating models
· Explore practical applications and latest practices to stay competitive
· Receive trends and examples in leapfrogging shared services using digital technologies
· Discuss the changes needed in shared services operating model and effective leadership of shared services
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm Networking Break
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm Business Meeting
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Business Meeting
4:00 pm - 4:30 pm Business Meeting
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Practitioner Roundtable Discussions
Earlier in the Exchange, we collected your insights and challenges using Thoughtexchange. We identified the highest rated topic areas. During this session, you’ll have the opportunity to choose a topic and participate in a small group discussion. You will work in groups to develop an action plan for improvement.
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm Panel: Is Your Talent Ready for Digital?Tom Nesteruk - VP, HR Shared Services, AdventHealth
Peter York - Senior Director, Global Business Services, Juniper Networks Inc.
Geoff Borlet - Head of Global Financial Services, Applied Materials
· What kind of talent/skills are SSOs seeking in today’s environment?
· How are we preparing our organizations for rapid change and how are we handling resistance?
· What are examples of modern career paths?
· How are we balancing the human touch in a digital world?
· What impact is the gig economy having on shared services?
Tom NesterukVP, HR Shared Services
Peter YorkSenior Director, Global Business Services
Juniper Networks Inc.
Geoff BorletHead of Global Financial Services
6:00 pm - 6:30 pm Panel: Culture Change in the Age of Digital DisruptionDaniel Davidson - VP of Finance Shared Services, Equifax
Jana Vondran - SVP, Global Business Services, Ingram Micro
Victor Susman - Senior Director, GBS, Kimberly-Clark
The digitalization of the workforce and work place will require companies to operate in ways they've never anticipated, and move with a risk tolerance and speed that may seem unnatural. Gone are the days of 3-year and 5-year strategic plans. During this session attendees will learn how to:
· Build an organizational culture for a successful adoption of digital technologies
· Adapt your culture to reflect the speed and agility of digitization to remain competitive and to continue to attract the best talent
Daniel DavidsonVP of Finance Shared Services
Jana VondranSVP, Global Business Services
Victor SusmanSenior Director, GBS
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm Interactive Discussion Groups - Choose One
A. The Changing Value Proposition of Outsourcing
B. The “How To” Guide on Delivering Effective Change Management During a Shared Services Transformation
C. A Guide to Process Mining for Shared Services
D. Establishing an RPA CoE Hierarchy